I am honored to be nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the awesome Part Time Monster. There is so much good karma and support in the blogging world. This has been a a surprising and pleasant side effect of my indulgence in something I love to do. I have found so many blogs that are interesting, stimulating and inspiring. I learn from these other writers each time I read their blogs. Part of the process with an award like this is to point you in the direction of some of those blogs that I enjoy with the hope that you’ll take a few minutes to check them out and maybe find some you like as well! I am also required to tell you 7 things about myself. I am going to tell you seven completely random, useless tidbits because why not:
- If I could be a famous singer, it would be Stevie Nicks. Amazing voice, great songwriter, cool boho style.
- If I couldn’t be Stevie Nicks I would be Janis Joplin, without the heavy drugs and early death. Girl could wail the blues like no one else. And the time period of which she was a part was one of the most exciting eras in rock music.
- O.K., maybe Sheryl Crow. She dated Eric Clapton.
- I enjoy cooking- but only when I have ample time, can play some good music and relax while doing it. Most nights I’m rushing to get a healthy meal prepared before we are out the door to swim practice… or rushing through Chick Fil A drive through. Anyways, the point is I actually like cooking when all the stars are aligned and I’m not under any time constraints.
- I saw a U.F.O. once. I know what you’re thinking, but I really did. And it was crazy. I was with a friend on a road trip to the mountains and we both saw it. That proves it was real.
- I love watching movies, that is usually our at-home date night. Some wine or bourbon, some cheese and crackers and a good movie after the kids are in bed. Some of my favorites are: Pirate Radio, Charlie Wilson’s War, The Usual Suspects, Goodfellas, Old School, Mr. Holland’s Opus, Love Actually, Airplane, High Fidelity, Inglorious Bastards, Gangs of New York, Basketball Diaries, Something’s Gotta Give, Pride and Prejudice, anything with George Clooney, and Fantastic Mr. Fox (THE best kid’s movie. And also George Clooney.) There are many, many more but I have to stop at some point.
- I’m kind of cheap. And I tend to advertise it. I repurpose old things with spray paint, I buy most of my clothes and shoes on sale (T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, etc.). At one of my husband’s swanky formal events I told everyone who complimented my dress that I bought it for $19. All while trying to hide my botched D.I.Y. manicure.
So now, the blogs I nominate for this award: